Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Early Christmas, Honey.

A few weeks ago my girlfriend Stephanie's Nintendo DS stopped working. Her immediate response was to ask for one for Christmas, but being the electronics geek I profess myself to be, I decided to try to find a way to fix it. I ordered a touchscreen and a top screen (just to have a backup) off of eBay, along with a specialty screwdriver kit, since Nintendo uses specialty screws (Phillips head screws with three notches instead of four). They came in the mail today, and I sequestered myself in a room without cats to begin the task of replacing the dead screen.

I unscrewed the first seven screws without incident and took off the back panel. There were four more screws to go before I could remove the circuit board and take out the old screen. The first three screws came out no problem. The fourth screw, however, was being a little bastard, and the fantastic screwdriver kit I ordered wasn't holding up to the rigors of having to unscrew more than ten screws. More tools were called for.

One Swiss Army Knife, a hammer (because, well, why not?), some tool that I think is supposed to be used for poking cheese and some frustration later, and I was left with a completely stripped screw. Forty-five minutes later and I was back from the store with a brand-spankin'-new Nintendo DS Lite (a newer, better version than the original version she had). I'm bad with tools.

1 comment:

bung tobing said...

ho..ho..ho..nice christmas style.
lifestyle is an interesting to everyone cause lifestyle is part of the nature of a person.
related post : Astaga.com lifestyle on the net.