Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Traffic Court

Today I attended my first City of Chicago traffic court hearing.

About a month ago (the end of the month, when all of the quotas or or numbers or whatever need to be met) I was pulled over for "failing to stop at a stop sign". Highlight of the stop: The bald spotted buzz cut sporting, muffin tops spilling way over the utility belt/gun holster combo, "da bearz" accented officer proclaiming "Bitch, just sign the ticket."

Fast forward.


Best Traffic Court Moment: Despite the fact that Officer Friendly decided to make an appearance the charges were eventually dropped because he "could not remember the details". Yay.

Worst Traffic Court Moment:
Judge: "Well, I think we can drop these charges...the City of Chicago will dismiss first offences by drivers 21 and under."
Me: "Um, I'm 27."
Judge: "You sure?"
Me: "Positive."
Judge: "Well, I'll be. How do you plead, then."

No comments: